May 25, 1803.  The American Baptist magazine was formed by a vote of the Massachusetts Baptist Missionary Society.  Originally named The Massachusetts Baptist Missionary Magazine, the name was changed to The American Baptist Magazine in 1817 and to The Baptist Missionary Magazine in 1836.  In 1910 it combined with the Home Missions Monthly and the name was changed to Missions.  The ‘s’ was dropped in 1967, and  the magazine merged with Crusader in 1970 to become The American Baptist magazine.  ABHS has all the issues of this line of magazines.

 

 

Share →